We Dramatically Change
the Quality Of Life For Our Patients
Meet Dr. Siegal
Joel D. Siegal, M.D.
Neurosurgery Spine Surgeon
Mid and Northeast Ohio
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Currently, Dr. Siegal is the only independent Neurosurgeon in Northeast and Mid-Ohio. He started Key Clinics, LLC in 2014 to provide world-class, exceptional spine care in a personalized and caring environment. Dr. Siegal is the Medical Director of Spine Care at Avita Health System in Mid-Ohio and coordinates surgical spine care on Cleveland’s Eastside for the St. Vincent Charity Medical Center’s Spine and Orthopedic Institute and Cleveland Clinic Foundation’s Marymount Hospital.
In 1999 Dr. Siegal joined the Curo Clinic, LLC as a Neurosurgery private practitioner and partner, based in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Subsequently, Dr. Siegal spent 9 months during parts of 2009 and 2010 at Jewish Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
He was originally recruited to Cleveland, Ohio by The Collis Group in 2010 to help with Spine Surgery at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
In addition, from 2014-2016, Dr. Siegal was the backup surgeon for the Laser Spine Institute (LSI), taking care of Laser Spine Institute patient complications and hospital admissions.
- Dr. Siegal finished his residency in Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota in 1998 and his internship in the Department of Surgery at the University of Minnesota in 1993.
- Dr. Siegal received his Medical Degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1992 and graduated in 1988 from Washington University in St. Louis with Honors in Biology, Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa.
BOARD CERTIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Dr. Siegal became a Diplomate of the American Board of Neurological Surgery in 2002 and was recertified in 2012.
- He is a member in good standing of the North American Spine Society, Ohio State Medical Association, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, and American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
Dr. Siegal published numerous peer-reviewed journal articles, journal summaries, and book chapters covering topics such as spinal cord regeneration, carpal tunnel syndrome and head trauma.
- Dr. Siegal is a national thought leader in the treatment of sacroiliac joint pain and vertebral body compression fractures.
- In addition, he has a strong interest in minimally disruptive spine surgery, complex spine reconstruction, carpal tunnel release, and peripheral nerve stimulation.
Dr. Siegal has been married for over 30 years, has 3 grown children and is passionate about bettering patients’ experiences and improving health care delivery.